- This event has passed.
Energy Codes and High Performing Homes
August 11, 2022 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm CDT
MEC is partnering with Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) to bring a FREE training course for regional contractors and building industry experts!
Using the latest energy code (2021 International Energy Conservation Code) as guidance along with the principles of building science, this training will focus on code compliance as well as appropriate opportunities to exceed energy code requirements. Beginning with a Top Ten List of design guidelines to a quick building science review, this session explains the 2021 IECC code requirements for envelopes along with a mechanical section that puts an emphasis on proper ductwork. Finally, the training will review the code via the concept of a one-page checklist to help ensure proper compliance with its requirements.
When: Thursday, August 11, 9am-4pm
Where: Plexpod Westport Commons – 300 East 39th Street, Kansas City, MO 64111 – Room 1L
– Top Ten List of High Performance Design
– Building Science
– Code Envelope Overview
– Missouri Energy Code Study
– Mechanical and Ductwork
– Inspection Checklist
– Identify where to focus efforts for a high-performance building design.
– Understand the basics of building science as they pertain to energy efficiency.
– Know key code requirements in the residential chapter of the 2009 – 2021 International Energy Conservation Code.
– Identify best practices in construction and solutions to address common code compliance challenges.
– Employ a one-page inspection checklist to ensure compliance with major code issues.
Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance